The SysGauge system monitor provides the ability to monitor iSCSI target storage devices allowing one to monitor the iSCSI transfer rate,
iSCSI request rate, the number of pending iSCSI requests, percent of iSCSI read requests, percent of iSCSI write requests, average iSCSI
request latency, average iSCSI read size, average iSCSI write size, number of iSCSI target sessions, number of iSCSI session errors and
the number of failed iSCSI logins.
The SysGauge iSCSI monitor GUI module allows one to select which iSCSI target disk to monitor, display various types of monitoring history
charts and save iSCSI monitoring reports into a number of formats including PDF, HTML, Microsoft Excel, XML, CSV and text. In addition,
users are provided with the ability to export the raw monitoring data to an SQL database allowing one to analyze the data using external
iSCSI Monitoring Counters
In addition to the dedicated iSCSI target monitor GUI module, the user is provided with the customizable 'System Monitor' module allowing
one to configure custom iSCSI target monitoring profiles. In order to add an iSCSI target monitoring counter, press the 'Monitor' button
located on the main toolbar, select the 'iSCSI Target' counters category in the left-side view and then select an appropriate iSCSI Target
monitoring counter in the middle view. By default, SysGauge will monitor all iSCSI target disks, but if required, the user can select
a specific iSCSI disk to monitor in the right-side view. In addition, in order to monitor a remote iSCSI target server via the network,
press the 'Connect' button located in the bottom-left corner of the dialog and specify the host name or an IP address of the remote server to monitor.
- iSCSI Target Transfer Rate - this counter monitors the iSCSI target data transfer rate, which is displayed in MB/Sec.
- iSCSI Target Requests Rate - this counters monitors the iSCSI target requests rate, which is displayed in requests per second.
- iSCSI Target Pending Requests - this counter monitors the number of pending iSCSI target requests.
- iSCSI Target Average Latency - this counter monitors the average iSCSI target requests latency, which is displayed in milliseconds.
- iSCSI Target Average Write Size - this counter monitors the average iSCSI target write request size, which is displayed in KB.
- iSCSI Target Average Read Size - this counter monitors the average iSCSI target read request size, which is displayed in KB.
- iSCSI Target Average Transfer Size - this counter monitors the average iSCSI target data transfer request size, which is displayed in KB.
- iSCSI Target Sessions - this counter monitors the number of active iSCSI target sessions.
- iSCSI Target Session Errors - this counter monitors the number of iSCSI Target session errors.
- iSCSI Target Failed Logins - this counter monitors the number of failed iSCSI target logins.
- iSCSI Target Percent of Reads - this counter monitors the percentage of iSCSI target read requests.
- iSCSI Target Percent of Writes - this counter monitors the percentage of iSCSI target write requests.